FAQs about ICICI Direct:
ICICIdirect.com, an award winning, pioneering online broking platform, The platform not only offers convenient ways to invest in Equity, Derivatives, Currency Futures, Mutual Funds but also other services Fixed Deposits, Loans, Tax Services, New Pension Systems and Insurance are available.ICICIdirect.com is a market leader in financial product distribution with huge network of own offices, sub brokers and investment associates.
1. Why ICICI Direct?
- A Unique 3-in-1 On-line Trading Account, which includes ICICI Bank Account, ICICI Trading Account and ICICI Demat Account, is the key offering for retail stock market investors in India.
- Security: Instead of transferring monies to a broker's pool or towards deposits, you can manage your own demat and bank accounts when you trade through ICICIdirect.com. It provides you the flexibility to pay only when you trade.
- 2nd Largest Equity E-Broking House with >40 Lac customers.
- Share trading in both NSE and BSE, innovative offerings like - Margin, MarginPlus, BTST, SPOT, Derivatives trading, overseas trading, mutual funds, IPOs and on-line life insurance.
- Call-n-Trade: you can place orders securely over the telephone with the Call N Trade service.
- Award Winning Research
2. What is ICICI Direct Brokerage Charges?
ICICI direct default brokerage plan (I-Secure Plan) offers equity delivery at 0.55%, Intraday at 0.275% each side, Futures at 0.05%, and options at ₹95 per lot.
ICICI also offers multiple plans to its customers, whereby paying some extra fixed charges or subscribing for the prepaid plan you can lower your brokerage charges but it would be useful for frequent tradersGo to ICICI Direct Brokerage Plans
3.How much ICICI Direct charge for intraday?
Brokerage charges for Intraday in ICICI Direct is 0.275%.
4. Is ICICI Direct brokerage Free?
No, It is not free and offers equity delivery at 0.55%, Intraday at 0.275% each side, Futures at 0.05%, and options at ₹95 per lot.
5. Can I Open ICICIDirect account online?
ICICI Direct does not offer complete online or paperless account opening, they currently offer a hybrid way of account opening, where some steps need to be taken online and some would be offline, for account opening below are the steps:
- Visit site www.icicidirect.com
- Click on 'Apply On Line - Resident Account' under the "Open an Account" Section.
- Select the type of account that you want to open Duly fill in the complete details. You can also create your own User ID ( would be case sensitive )and password at the time of registration. Click on submit once you have filled all the details.
- Please note the ARN that you would receive while applying On line. You will need to mention the ARN on the physical application so that ICICI Direct can allot you the same User ID and Password as chosen by you.
- Executive will visit you within two working days of the submission of the form to complete the other account opening formalities.
- Need to keep the documents ready to handover at the time of visit of executive.2 Photographs of the Applicant, 1 Photograph of a Nominee., PAN Card Copy, Address Proof.
6. How much ICICI Direct charge for delivery?
ICICI charge 0.55% as Brokerage for equity delivery trade, all other statutory charges would also apply.
7. What is AMC for ICICI Direct?
There are no Annual maintenance charges for I Direct Account and First year Account Maintenance Charges for demat account are waived off while opening 3 in 1 Account . Second year onwards you need to pay Rs. 500 if statement comes via email and Rs.600 incase of Physical Statement for Demat AMC.
8. How much ICICI Direct charge for futures?
ICICI charge 0.05% to 0.03% for equity futures trading.
9. How much ICICI Direct charge for Options?
ICICI Direct charge ₹95 to ₹35 per lot for equity options trading.
9. How much ICICI charge for Direct commodity?
ICICI Direct does not offer commodity trading.
10. How much ICICI Direct charge for currency trading?
ICICI Direct charge 0.05% to 0.03% for currency futures trading and ₹25 to ₹10 per lot for currency options trading.
11. How much ICICI Direct charge for Call & Trade Facility?
ICICI Direct offer first 20 calls free in a month after which Rs.25 (Plus 18% GST) will be charged per call.
12. What are the Account Opening charges in ICICI Direct?
ICICI Direct charges One time Account Opening Charges of Rs. 975/ + GST for Trading Account & Demat account opening.There are no Annual maintenance charges for I Direct Account and First year Account Maintenance Charges for demat account are also waived off while opening 3 in 1 Account . Second year onwards you need to pay Rs. 500 if statement comes via email and Rs.600 incase of Physical Statement for Demat AMC.
13. What is ICICI Direct Pre-paid Plans?
With Lifetime Prepaid Brokerage Plan you get discounted brokerage rates and save on your transaction cost. The prepaid brokerage would be valid for life time or till your card exhausts. At the end of 15 years, any un-utilised brokerage would be refunded back to your account.The brokerage charges would vary on selected prepaid plan:
- Equity Delivery: 0.25% to 0.09%
- Equity Intraday: 0.025% to 0.009%
- Equity Futures:0.025% to 0.009%
- Equity Options: Rs.35 to Rs.10 per lot
- Currency Futures: 0.025% to 0.009%
- Currency Options: Rs.35 to Rs.10 per lot
- Commodity Trade: Not Available
14. Does ICICI Direct offer IPO?
Yes.ICICI Direct offers online IPO applications to its customers.
15.What is the ICICI direct prime plan?
ICICI Direct Prime plan is a subscription-based brokerage plan where you can avail lower brokerage charges ranging from 0.25% to 0.15% by paying Rs.900, 4500, 9500 annual fees.
16.How to subscribe to the ICICIDirect Prime Plan?
You can chooses Prime Plan through your ICICI Direct account.You can go to setting – Brokerage & charges – My Brokerage plan section in your ICICI direct.com account.
17. Is there a minimum Brokerage applicable to ICICI Prime Brokerage Plan?
Minimum brokerage in a Delivery segment will be Rs.25 or 2.5% of turnover, whichever is lower; in SEP segment, it will be Rs.10 or 2.5% of turnover, whichever is lower and in Margin segment, it will be Rs.15 or 2.5% of turnover, whichever is lower.
18. What are the advantages of ICICI Direct Prime Plan?
- Beneficial for all kind of investors & Trader and can avail the lower charges by choosing the right subscription plan
- Instant payout after-sales instead of after 2 days in the normal scenario
- Access to exclusive 'Research content' and 'Website' for all Prime subscription plans
- Complimentary 'Bullet Plan' i.e. Zero brokerage on intraday Stop Loss products for trades squared off within 5 minutes
19. What is prime 900 Plan in ICICI Direct?
In this plan by Paying Rs.900 (with GST 1,062) per annum as subscription charges the Brokerage charges on:
- Delivery trade would be: 0.25%.
- Intraday & Future Trade : 0.025%.
- Option Trade : Rs. 35 Per Lot.
20. What is prime 4500 Plan in ICICI Direct?
In this plan by Paying Rs.4,500 (with GST 5,310) per annum as subscription charges the Brokerage charges on:
- Delivery trade would be: 0.18%
- Intraday & Future Trade : 0.018%
- Options Trade: Rs. 25 Per Lot
21. What is prime 9500 Plan in ICICI Direct?
In this plan by Paying Rs.9,500 (with GST 11,210) per annum as subscription charges the Brokerage charges on:
- Delivery trade would be: 0.15%
- Intraday & Future Trade : 0.015%
- Options Trade: Rs. 20 Per Lot
22. Does ICICI Direct offer Mutual Funds?
Yes. You can buy/sell Mutual Funds if you have an account with ICICI Direct.
23. Does ICICI Direct provide margin funds?
Yes. ICICI Direct provide margin funding.
24. Can NRI open ICICI Direct account?
Yes, an NRI can open an account with ICICI Direct to trade in Indian stock market or invest in Mutual funds.
25. Which Brokerage Plan is Best in ICICI Direct?
ICICI offers multiple plans to its customers, like I-Secure, Prepaid Plans, and Prime plan. In some of the plans by paying some extra fixed charges or subscribing for the prepaid plan you can lower your brokerage charges but it would be more useful for frequent traders. As per us if you are a frequent trader then the ICICI Direct Prime Brokerage plan would be better then any other plan as you can lower your brokerage charges by paying small subscription fees and your brokerage would get reduce by >50%.
26. Does ICICI direct charges for Mutual Funds?
ICICI Direct Charges for Mutual fund would depend on mutual funds investment which you have with them, If the cumulative MF investment you have with ICICI Direct is Rs. 8 lakhs or more, you pay NOTHING and If the cumulative MF investment you have with ICICI Direct is less than Rs. 8 lakhs, you pay nominal charges on each transaction as below.
- For SIPs: Rs. 30/- or 1.5% whichever is lower (per Transcation)
- For Lumpsum investments:Rs. 100/-(per Transcation)
27. What is Margin buy in ICICI Direct?
In margin trading, you take buy/sell positions in stock(s) with the intention of squaring off the position within the same settlement cycle. If, during the course of the settlement cycle, the price moves in your favour (rises in case you have a buy position or falls in case you have a sell position), you make a profit. In case the price movement is adverse, you incur a loss. However, you also have the option to take/give delivery of buy/sell position respectively if you have sufficient cash/securities to do so.
Normally to buy shares, you have to place (ensure availability of limit) 100% of the order value, while to sell shares, you need to have shares in your demat account. However, margins are blocked only to safeguard against any adverse price movement. With margin trading, you can leverage on your trading limit by taking buy/sell positions much more than what you could have taken in cash segment. However, the risk profile of your transactions goes up.
28. What is Cloud order in ICICI Direct?
Cloud Order is a new feature offered by ICICI Direct wherein you can place quick orders in F&O intraday stoploss products.You can create and save orders anytime and these orders can be placed during market hours. It helps you save time in filling order details during the busy market hours. You can also modify and delete these cloud orders as per your trading needs.
29. What is Flexi Cash in ICICI Direct?
Flexi Cash is a delivery margin funding facility offered by ICICI direct to its Cash product customers. In this facility, customers can buy stocks by paying the partial amount (say 11 to 31%) of funds and bring the remaining funds later at the time of settlement but not beyond the next 365 calendar days in case of both NSE and BSE to take delivery of your transaction. Till such time your position will remain with ICICI Securities as Pending for Delivery.
As Flexi Cash is a Margin funding facility, you need to pay interest of 0.05% per day or approx 18% PA on borrowed money.
30. What is IOC and VTC in ICICI Direct?
Day , IOC & VTC are order types offered by ICICI Direct.ICICI Direct customer has to choose the period of the validity of an order while placing the order. The order could be valid for a day, IoC (Immediate or Cancelled) and VTC (Valid Till Cancelled).
- Day Order: A Day order is valid till the end of the trading day.
- IoC Order:An IoC (Immediate or Cancelled) order is either executed immediately or else get cancelled.
- VTC Order:A VTC (Valid Till Cancelled) order is valid for 45 days. The order gets automatically executed when the stock reaches the desired set price or else gets cancelled after 45 days
31. What is IOC in ICICI Direct?
IOC is the order types offered by ICICI Direct.ICICI Direct customer has to choose the period of the validity of order while placing the order. The order could be valid for a day, IoC (Immediate or Cancelled), and VTC (Valid Till Cancelled).
IoC Order:An IoC (Immediate or Cancelled) order is either executed immediately or else get cancelled.
32. What is icici direct 3 in 1?
The 3-in-1 Account is a joint offering by ICICI Bank and ICICI Securities. It integrates your Trading Account (maintained with ICICI Securities) with bank account (maintained with ICICI Bank) and beneficiary Demat Account (maintained with ICICI Bank).