"Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited are full-service brokers and charges are low compared to other full-service brokers such as ICICIDIRECT, HDFC Securities Etc. They have drawback of not giving 3-in-1 account service, though they support commodity trading."
- Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited has in-depth experience of more than 30 years in the stock market industry.
- They always remain up-to-date when it comes to online trading. They launched trading through Facebook application in 2013.
- They have pioneers - Mr. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Mr. C.J.George, KSIDC (Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation) as their stock holders.
- Facility to place online order post ‐ session close of NSE & BSE.
- There is long list of product and service of Geojit. They provide services of Mutual funds, IPOs, Equity Cash, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, Loan against securities, etc and provide online trading facilities to Indians and NRI to avail benefits out of growthing Indian industries.
- Low brokerage Full-service broker.
- Supported by both NSE and BSE
- Exclusive Branches for woman.
- Multichannel Services – Internet, Mobile Phone, Branch Trading.
- Huge geographical availability in India and Middle East Asia
- Wide network of over 479 offices.
- 24/7 customer services are not provided
- Do-not have 3-in-1 trading account like other full service brokers provide
- They charge Minimum brokerage of Rs. 20 per contract or 1 Paisa per share( Whichever is high). Brokerage charges high compare to other brokers.
- Brokerage calculator is not provide
|Type of site||Public|
|Headquarters||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Key people||Mr. C. J. George, (MD) Mr Satish Menon & Mr. A. Balakrishnan (E.D) Mr. Sanjeev Kumar Rajan, (CFO)|
|Products||Investment banking, institutional broking, retail broking, private wealth management, and financial product distribution.|
|Services||Equity, Derivatives, Currency Trading. Fixed Deposits, Loans, Tax Services, Commodity and Insurance|
|Company||Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited|
|Users||173731+ active customer|
Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited incorporated in 1987 has experience in stock market of enormous years. They have some pioneer (Mr. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Mr. C.J.George) of stock market industry with them which increase the reliability of Geojit as stock broker.
Geojit was founded by C J George in 1987 and the major stakeholders of the company include C J George – Managing Director of Geojit, global banking major BNP Paribas, Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation and Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
The network of Geojit covers more than 300 cities in states in India.
They provide various product & services such as investment banking, institution broking, retail broking, private wealth management, financial product distribution, Equity, Derivatives, Commodities, Currency Trading. Fixed deposits, loans, tax services, General and Life insurance and many more.
They are the first one to launch internet trading in India in the year of 2000 and since are then have always remain on top in stock broker market when it come to technological advancement.
Geojit helps you to become your own teacher and trust yourself and your adice by providing regular updates of the stock market through constant mails, SMS and various other online updates. They also give monthly investment magazines to their customers.
Geojit BNP Paribas is one of the oldest stock brokers in India and have experience of more than 30 year the field. They always innovate themselves and gain first mover advantage in various fields. They launched first, trading through facebook application, first exclusive branch for women and many more things. They are registered with NSE and BSE and are DP with CDSL.
Being always technological ahead of other gives them an edge. Indian as well as NRI Investors can invest their money in Mutual fund, IPOs, Derivatives, Equity offering, and debt offerings. They huge market in India as well as Middle-East Countries.
Geojit has the distinction of being a pioneer in the industry:
- 1st to launch internet trading in the year 2000.
- 1st to launch integrated internet trading system for cash and derivative segments in 2002.
- 1st Indian stock broking company to commence domestic retail broking operations in any foreign country.
- 1st in the industry to have a global player offering its name thereby creating Geojit.
- 1st to launch exclusive branches for women in 2005.
- 1st to launch trading through mobile phones in 2010.
- 1st to launch trading through Facebook application in 2013.
- CIN : L67120KL1994PLC008403
- DP ID :
- CDSL: IN-DP-CDSL-648-2012
- NSDL: IN-DP-NSDL-24-97
- Research Analyst : INH200000345,
- Portfolio Manager: INP000003203
- GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD BSE Membership ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB 011337236
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF 011337237
- GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD NSE Membership ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB 231337230
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF 231337230
- Currency Derivatives (CDS) - INE 231337230
- GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD MCX Membership ID: INB261337233
offers multiple communication channels to its clients for using the customer service:
- Phone Number : Customer Support/ Call & trade : 91-484-2405822/ 1800-425-5501
- Account opening:+91-0484-3911777
- Email Support:[email protected]
- Corporate Office :
GEOJIT FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD.
34/659-P, Civil Line Road,
Padivattom, Kochi - 682024
Phone: 484 2901000
Active Client Details
- 173731+ clients.
Account Opening & AMC Charges
Trading Account / Demat opening is onetime fee that Geojit BNP Paribas charge while initiate your account opening process. Trading /Demat AMC (Annual maintenance Charges) is an annual fee charges by Geojit BNP Paribas to maintain your account, this is annual charges and deduct from your account even if you haven't trade for a year.
|Type||Account Opening (One Time)||Annual Maintenance Fees (Yearly)|
|Demat Account||Rs 100 (For Agreement Stamp Paper)||INR400|
Geojit BNP Paribas also offers FREE TRADING ACCOUNT+ DEMAT ACCOUNT + NIL MAINTANACE CHARGE* (2018-19) provided the client should deposit an upfront margin cheque of Rs. 10000, or should transfer Rs. 10000 worth of holding within 15 days of the account being activated. AMC will not be charged for financial year 2018-19
At Upstox you can open an Equity & Derivatives Trading account, Demat account and Commodity Trading account.
Equity & Derivatives Trading Account
Upstox offer only online Trading Accounts and you will have an option to trade either through a software based platform, a web based platform or a mobile application. Upstox offers you to place order by call and trade which will be charged Rs.20+GST per order through phone and you can modify an order as many times you want to during a day.
With a Upstox online Equity & Derivatives Trading Account you can trade Stocks, Futures & Options of Stocks, Indices and Currencies. There are no Annual Maintenance charges for a Trading Account.
Equity Demat Account
A demat account is different from a trading account. The demat account holds the physical stock assets that you own. This account is commonly linked to your trading account. When you buy shares of a stock in the market, they are transferred from your trading account to your demat account at the end of the day.
Presently in India, Upstox follow a T+2 rolling settlement cycle for Delivery based trading. What it means is that if you buy 100 shares of Reliance on Monday (T day as we call it) for delivery, the shares will come to your Demat Account only on T+2 day (Wednesday evening).
Annual maintenance charge (AMC) for a Demat account at Upstox is Rs.150 which is collected at the end of the financial year on a pro-rata basis and the Demat account opening charges are Rs.150.
Commodity Trading Account
A Commodity Trading account is what you open with a Trading Member (Commodity Broker as you call him) of recognized Commodity Exchange (MCX, NCDEX etc. in India). There are no Annual Maintenance charges for your Commodity Account at Upstox and you can trade on MCX. Only futures trade on MCX and hence there is no need of a Demat Account for trading Commodities. At the end of the contract, the Future is cash settled (if you haven't already squared off the position) or you can opt for physical delivery (not allowed at most of the online broking firms, including Upstox).
Important things to remember while opening an account with us:
- Open only "Trading Account" if:You intend to trade only Futures & Options and/or Currencies, be it Intraday or Positional. Demat account is not required.
- Open "Trading and Demat" if:You intend to take delivery of Stocks (buy and hold stocks overnight) along with trading in Futures & Options and/or Currencies.
- Open "Commodity Trading Account" if:You intend to trade only Commodities.
How to open account with Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited.?
Opening a trading account with Geojit is easy. You could use one of the following options to open the account with Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited. There are two ways of opening the account with Geojit.
- Request Call back: You can go to Geojit's website and fill in your contact details and submit it. Geojit representative will you back with a day to guide you to the further process.
- You can visit the website and open your account online:This is the most convenient and recommended way to open account with Geojit. You have to down load the account opening form and fill it completely with all correct details. Once this formality is done submit
- Visit nearest Geojit branch.:They will make you fill a form to gather essential information. After this, they will forward the same to the concern department and you will approached with few days with all the details related to your account.
In all these three ways of opening account with Geojit following steps are taken:
- Signing of the document in the client registration Kit which includes the KRA-KYC form. (Not to be used if one's KYC is Registered Status in KRA)
- Secondly, you have to draw a cheque of Rs. 472 [Round off Rs. 472/-] [Trading Rs. 250/-+DP Advance AMC 150+18%-GST] In favour of 'Geojit Financial Services Ltd' towards account opening charges.
- Now, after this they will provide you client kit which will contain login passward, customer care number and PIN for call centre.
Note: Your account will open only if all documents are submitted and information are correctly given. Geojit sents email on your registered email ID with welcome letter, your user ID (trade code) and Password.
The Final Thoughts
Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited are full-service brokers and charges are low compared to other full-service brokers such as ICICIDIRECT, HDFC Securities Etc. They have drawback of not giving 3-in-1 account service, though they support commodity trading. They are technologically sound and have advantage of being a first mover, always. They are first one to introduce online trading in India in 2000 then in 2002 first one to launch integrated internet trading system for cash and derivative segments, 2010 launched trading through mobile phones and finally they understood the power of social media and launched trading through social media ( facebook ) application in 2013. Geojit BNP has scope of improving in terms of customer satisfaction. However, when see Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited as an overall share broker, it is decent company to invest through.