"Karvy Online is certainly a renowned name in share brokerage Industry with over 6 lakh active customer base, powerful online trading tools, Research based investment advice, dedicated customer service."
- Wide Network with over 289 Business location & 540+ Franchise partners.
- Amongst top 10 stock brokers in India and top 3 depository participants.
- All investment options - Equities, IPO, Mutual Funds,ETFs,Commodities,F&O
- Combined account facility that caters to all investment opportunities such as trade in Equities, Derivatives, Currency and also investing in IPOs, Mutual funds and NCDs.
- Offer NRI Trading.
- Huge Branch & Partner network.
- Trading is available in both BSE and NSE.
- Offer Commodity Trading & Investment facility in Mutual funds & IPO.
- Karvy offers zero demat AMC for first year.
- Free research reports.
- Doesn't offer 3-in-1 account.
- High brokerage.
- No referral Program
- Lacks transparency in Brokerage charges.
|Year of Incorporation||1985|
|Products||Institutional broking, retail broking, private wealth management, and financial product distribution|
|Active Exchange Memberships||NSE, BSE, MCX|
|Total Number of Clients||2,60,000+|
|Total Number of Branches||575|
Karvy Group is one of the leading financial services conglomerate. Headquartered in Hyderabad, it offers a range of financial services including stock broking, distribution of financial products, depository participant, commodities broking, wealth management, and more. It is ranked among the top five Share brokers in the country across its business segments. Other than India, it also has a presence in Bahrain, Dubai, Malaysia, Philippines and the United States.
Karvy forayed into stock broking and advisory businesses. Later, in the early 2000s, Karvy Corporate ventured into commodity trading. With the introduction of currency trading, Karvy corporate is also in the business of Forex trading. In September 2008, the group launched an online trading and investment portal offering an extensive range of financial products and solutions across different classes.
Karvy Online is amongst the largest retail broker having a pan India presence in 289 business locations and 540 franchisees across 241 cities in India and have more than 3000 employees.
The Broker offers depository services (DP) through NSDL and CDSL and option to invest in mutual funds or NCDs and IPOs. Karvy has its own research teams that provides daily, weekly and monthly technical reports, Fundamental analysis and publishes investment advice and various research reports.
The Karvy group was formed in 1983 at Hyderabad, India. Karvy ranks among the top player in almost all the fields it operates. Karvy Computershare Limited is India's largest Registrar and Transfer Agent with a client base of nearly 500 blue chip corporate, managing over 2 crore accounts. Karvy Stock Brokers Limited, member of National Stock Exchange of India and the Bombay Stock Exchange, ranks among the top 5 stock brokers in India. With over 6,00,000 active accounts, it ranks among the top 5 Depositary Participant in India, registered with NSDL and CDSL. Karvy Comtrade, Member of NCDEX and MCX ranks among the top 3 commodity brokers in the country.
Karvy Stock Broking Limited is the broking arm of Karvy group. KSBL helps investors construct a portfolio by factoring in their risk profile and future financial needs so that their investments achieve an optimal balance between risk and returns. They have a combined account facility that caters to all investment opportunities such as Equities, Derivatives, Currency, IPOs, Mutual funds and NCDs.
Karvy Affiliation Details
- CIN : KARVY STOCK BROKING LIMITED : U67120TG1995PLC019877
- Sharekhan Limited NSE Member ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB230770138
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF230770138
- Currency Derivatives (CDS) - INE230770138
- Sharekhan Limited BSE Member ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB010770130
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF010770131
- DP: IN-DP-175-2015
- PMS SEBI Registration No.: INP000001512
- MCX Membership ID : 10775 | NCDEX Membership ID : 00236 | NMCE Membership ID : CL0268
Customers Service options offered by Karvy
Karvy Online offers multiple communication channels to its clients for using the customers’ service
- Phone Number of Karvy:
- Customer Support / Call & Trade :
- Equity : 1800 419 8283 (Toll Free)
- Commodity : 1800 425 1900 (Toll Free)
- Mutual Fund : 1800 425 8282
- Call & trade:
- 1-800-22-7500 (Toll Free)
- 39707600 (Local Charge)
- Customer Support / Call & Trade :
- Email Support :
- Registered Office : Karvy House, No. 46, 8-2-609/K
Avenue 4, Street No. 1 Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad - 500 034.
Active Client Details Of Karvy
- 265798+ clients.
Karvy Account Opening & AMC Charges 2020
Trading Account / Demat opening is onetime fee that Karvy Online would charge while initiate your account opening process. Trading /Demat AMC (Annual maintenance Charges) is an annual fee charges by Karvy Online to maintain your account, this is annual charges and deduct from your account even if you haven'' trade for a year.
|Type||Account Opening (One Time)||Annual Maintenance Fees (Yearly)|
Opening an Account with Karvy
Karvy account opening process is simple and quick. Karvy offers both online and conventional way (by signing paper forms) to open an account. Karvy has local presence (though branch offices, sub-brokers and franchisee) in the neighbourhood of most of the prospectus customers in India.
Open an Account with Karvy in 2 easy ways
If you are interested in opening an account with Karvy, you could follow one of the below two options:
- Online Account Opening (Express Account 2.0 or e-KYC)
Karvy is among few stock brokers in India offering 15 minutes online account opening. Customer who chooses this way of account opening gets total ₹5000 brokerage credit (₹1100 max in each trading segment) against trading done in first 30 days.
The online account opening process uses e-KYC (Know your customer) facility which allows customer to complete KYC process either through AADHAAR number validation or though video verification.
Steps to open Online Trading Account with Karvy:
- Fill basic details on karvyonline.com
- Upload required scanned documents
- Complete in-person verification process over video call
- Allow digitally sign the document though AADHAAR verification
- Account activation
- Visit Karvy Branch or Sub-broker
Find the local Karvy branch office or a sub-broker. You could visit the office or give them a phone call. They will arrange a personal visit to open an account for you. The representative will help you understand the offerings, fill the forms and collect required documents required for account opening. A passport photograph and personalized cheque is required.
The Final Thoughts about Karvy
KSBL is one of the largest stock broking houses in India offering services in stock broking, depository participant, distribution of financial products, advisory and private client group. Karvy Online is certainly a renowned name in share brokerage Industry with over 6 lakh active customer base, powerful online trading tools, Research based investment advice, dedicated customer service.
If you are looking for a decent research, customer services, trading platforms and for that you are ok to pay little higher broking charges than Karvy Online is the best broker for you.
As far as the brokerage goes, it is a costly deal for casual investor and day traders, because they will fall either in higher bucket of brokerage or constraint of minimum brokerage.