Best Mobile Trading Apps in India
Unless you are a big trader or trade-in a high volume every day, a mobile trading application is the best way to trade, invest, and stay updated to the stock market rate leveraging the advanced technology of showing rates on a real-time basis on the go.
Top 10 Mobile Trading Apps for all types of investors:
HDFC Securities currently has a 4.3 stars rating of more than 50 lakh downloads on the google app store.
- Kite by Zerodha: Launched in 2010, Zerodha is currently rated as one of India's most influential discounted brokers that is fit for all types of investors — beginners, algo traders, and experts. Zerodha offers a low brokerage fee — INR 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) for equity intraday and nil charges for equity delivery.
Zerodha launched Zerodha Kite in November 2015, a lightweight and ultra-fast web-based HTML 5 mobile trading platform that offers an extensive charting and full market watch with over six chart types, including GTT Order, cover order, and many more for convenient trading at MCX, BSE, and NSE.
Zerodha currently has a 4.3 stars rating of more than 10+ million downloads on the google app store.
- Upstox App: Upstox is the second largest and most downloaded app after Zerodha that backed by prominent investors including GVK Davix, Kalaari Capital, and Ratan Tata. Upstox is India’s first low-cost discounted booking company that offers to trade on various segments — commodities, equities, stocks, and many more at lower rates. Upstox offers INR 20 flat fee per executed order.
The users can set unlimited price alerts on the Upstox mobile app for instant updates and create an infinite watchlist to monitor the stocks price. Currently, users can open Demat and trading accounts on Upstox for free.
Upstox mobile currently has a 4.4 stars rating of more than 10+ Million downloads on the google app store.
- 5Paisa App: 5Paisa is an online discount brokerage company that offers the ultimate cheapest trading options in India that currently provides free account opening. In addition, 5Paisa offers in-depth market research on more than 4000 companies presently offering by no other discounted brokers firm.
5Paisa offers flat INR 20 per executed orders for regular accounts and INR 10 for subscription plan accounts — basic, power investor, and ultra trader.
5Paisa app currently has a 4.3 stars rating and 5+ million downloads on the google app store.
- Edelweiss: Edelweiss Broking is a Mumbai-based financial service firm offering full-service broking since 2008. Edelweiss provides excellent trading on all platforms — mobile app, web, and desktop. With the Edelweiss mobile trading app, the users can trade seamlessly on a real-time basis. Edelweiss offers three different types of accounts to fit the user's requirements:
- Edelweiss Lite: best suitable for those who have experienced in trading with the lowest brokerage fee of INR 10 flat per executed order
- Edelweiss Elite:full-service brokerage plan best suited for beginners or for the individuals who need a dedicated relationship manager to advise the investment plan
- Advance Prepaid Subscription Plan: best suited for the high volume of trading. Under this plan, the investor needs to pay some upfront fees for 12 months and enjoy low brokerage fees.
Edelweiss currently has a 4.5 stars rating of more than 5+ Million downloads on the google app store.
- HDFC Securities Mobile App: HDFC Securities offers 3-in-1 account features allowing the users to trade seamlessly. HDFC Securities only allows trading in NSE and BSE; online investment in mutual funds, insurance, IPOs, postal saving schemes, and GOI bonds from one account. HDFC Securities has dedicated customer service executives over the phone for trading.
- IIFL Markets: IIFL Securities started in 1995 as a full-service broker that offers excellent online trading and investment services in stocks, FD’s, commodities, loans, IPOs, commodities, and other financial products. IIFL Securities also provides services to NRI traders and has International branches.
Leveraging advanced technology and more investors started trading, IIFL began an online discount brokerage scheme that offers free delivery of equity trading and INR 20 per executed orders for other segments.
IIFL Market currently has a 4.1 stars rating of more than 5+ Million downloads on the google app store. In addition, IIFL mobile app has won five awards for the best seamless financial app, including Zee Business Award.
- Angel One by Angel Broking: Angel Broking is India's oldest broking company since 1987 that offers the ultimate full-service and discounted booking services. Angel Broking offers various trading services and investments, including margin funding, commodity, stock, and other financial products.
Angel One is a discounted service broking by Angel Broking that offers a fixed fee of INR 20 per executed order on currencies and commodities, intraday and F&O, and free order for equity delivery. In addition, Angel Broking has chatbot ARQ integrated into all trading software that helps to know the user's behaviors and suggests the plan accordingly.
Angel One currently has a 3.8 stars rating of more than 10+ million downloads on the google app store.
- MO Trader by Motilal Oswal: Motilal Oswal is Mumbai based financial service company that offers to trade in the commodity, equity, and currency & derivatives along with other financial products — gold, IPOs, FDs, stock, mutual funds, and insurance. Motilal Oswal has a diversity of clients, including high-net-worth industrialists and foreign investors.
Motilal Oswal mobile app trading is built for all types of investors but focuses more on all traders investing in high volumes. Motilal Oswal mobile trading app software can also be activated in smartwatches (Android and Apple) to stay updated for the market rate on the go.
MO Trader currently has a 3.7 stars rating of more than 1+ million downloads on the google app store.
- Sharekhan Share Market App: Sharekhan is the third-largest full-service broker in India after HDFC Securities and ICICI Direct. Sharekhan is considered one of the best stock market portals, and the user-friendly mobile trading app offers an extensive range of trading and investment options.
Sharekhan mobile trading is suitable for both beginners and experts. A single platform for trading in NSE, MCX, BSE, and NCDEX with investment options in IOPs, mutual funds, insurance, and other financial securities. Sharekhan also offers trading courses on a mobile app for beginners.
Sharekhan currently has a 3.9 stars rating of more than 1+ million downloads on the google app store.
- Stock Note by Samco: SAMCO is a discounted stock broking company that offers low commissions and allows users to trade in commodity and stock trading at MCX, NSE, and BSE with flat INR 20 fees per executed order.
SAMCO developed Stock Note Trading App to allow users to trade thru mobile applications. However, Stock Note doesn’t offer a facility to invest in IPOs online; the user needs to use net banking to invest in IPOs.
Stock Note currently has a 3.5 stars rating of more than 1+ lakh downloads on the google app store.
To make your work a little easy, below is the list of the Top 10 Mobile Trading Apps along with their user rating at the Google Play store & Apple Store
Top 10 Mobile Trading Apps in India
|Mobile Trading App||Google Play Store Download||Rating on Google Play Store||Rating on Apple App Store|
|Kite by Zerodha||10+ Million||4.3||3.2|
|Upstox App||10+ Million||4.4||4.1|
|5Paisa App||5+ Million||4.3||4.1|
|HDFC Securities Mobile Trading||1+ Million||4.2||3.7|
|IIFL Markets||5+ Million||4.1||4.1|
|Angel One by Angel Broking||10+ Million||3.8||3.5|
|MO Trader||1+ Million||3.7||4.3|
|Sharekhan: Share Market App||5+ Million||3.9||2.8|
|StockNote by Samco||1+Lacs||3.5||3.5|
With the mobile trading apps, you can conveniently check, trade, and invest in the stock market where ever you are. Download the trading app only from registered financial services company only. However, if you are a beginner, it is advisable to consult a financial professional before start trading as a market investment is risky.