"Founded in 2009, Upstox is one of the reliable stock trading brokers with low brokerage and excellent facilities. Two young successful entrepreneurs who opened the company for the proprietary trading started with the name of RKSV Securities and later changed the name to Upstox and made it second-largest discount broking firm of India"
- Upstox offers zero brokerage on equity delivery trade and a mere ₹20 per transaction on intraday and F&O trades.
- After Market Order (AMO), Cover Order and BO are available on both web and mobile.
- Trailing-Stop/Stop-Loss (SL) is available in both web and mobile.
- Equity delivery trading is free.
- Offers NRI trading.
- Offers Mutual Fund Investment, SIP Investement.
- Upstox is backed by top investors with the likes of Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital & GVK Davix
- Upstox offers the best of technology to traders. The Upstox Platform on mobile and web is one of the best platforms for the Indian stock market.
- No Brokerage on Equity delivery.
- Low cost Brokerage
- Self-directed, easy to use online learning for all levels
- Easy to get started with Aadhar based signup
- Good Brokerage & Margin Calculator
- Unlike other low-cost brokers, RKSV offer a variety of affordable pricing plans so that you can choose the plan best suited for you
- No margin funding
- Does not provide Tips & recommendation
- Turnover charges on futures and options is higher than competitors
- Upstox doesn't offer unlimited monthly trading plans.
- Doesn't offer research based services.
|Year of Incorporation||2012|
|Products||Upstox Pro Web,Upstox Pro Mobile, Nest Desktop.|
|Active Exchange Memberships||-|
|Total Number of Clients||1.87+ Lacs|
|Total Number of Branches||4|
Upstox is one the cheapest and most reliable discount broker in the non-banking finance industry which is backed by renowned personalities Mr.Ratan Tata, GVK, Kalaari Capital. Established in 2009 is managed by young entrepreneurs Mr. Ravi Kumar and Mr.ShrinivasViswanath.
Upstox is not only a stockbroker company but provide various courses and walks on the path of spreading good knowledge to their prospects. On comparing Upstox website with other stock broker's website, you can experience the level of transparency and quality of UI.
Upstox provides you an opportunity to invest in a variety of product to widen your portfolio and diversify your risk. Also, they have a vast range of technology platform to trade on and have an in-house team to make these platforms better on every passing moment. They have Pro web (Browser trading platform), Pro-mobile (Mobile trading app), Developer (API & 3rd party integration), Algo Lab (Bridge for Ami broker), desktop trading platforms (Dart stock, NEST trader, Fox trader), Tools & Calculators (Brokerage Calculator, Margin Calculator, Order generator, Option strategy Builder).
Their account opening process is also very simple and requires Aadhar card and Pan Card only. Upstox provides NRI trading also and try their best to remain ahead in the market by providing A + class customer services.
You can open free trading account with Upstox and it offers free trading in Equity Delivery segment.
Upstox Affiliation Details
- CIN : U74900DL2009PTC189166
- RKSV Securities NSE Member ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB231394231
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF231394231
- Currency Derivatives (CDS) - INE231394231
- RKSV Securities BSE Member ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB011394237
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF 011394237
- RKSV Commodities MCX Member Code: 46510
- CDSL: IN-DP-CDSL- 00282534
- NSDL: IN-DP-NSDL-11496819
Customers Service options offered by Upstox
- Phone Number : Customer Support / Call & Trade :+91-22-6130-9999
- Email Support :[email protected]
- Corporate Office :
30th Floor, Sunshine Tower,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar (W),
Active Client Details Of Upstox
- 1.87 Lacs clients.
Upstox Account Opening & AMC Charges 2020
Trading Account / Demat opening is onetime fee that Upstox charge while initiate your account opening process. Trading /Demat AMC(Annual maintenance Charges) is an annual fee charges by Upstox to maintain your account, this is annual charges and deduct from your account even if you haven't trade for a year.
|Type||Account Opening (One Time)||Annual Maintenance Fees (Yearly)|
Upstox Account Offering
At Upstox you can open an Equity & Derivatives Trading account, Demat account and Commodity Trading account.
Equity & Derivatives Trading Account
Upstox offer only online Trading Accounts and you will have an option to trade either through a software based platform, a web based platform or a mobile application. Upstox offers you to place order by call and trade which will be charged Rs.20+GST per order through phone and you can modify an order as many times you want to during a day.
Equity Demat Account
Annual maintenance charge (AMC) for a Demat account at Upstox is Rs.150 which is collected at the end of the financial year on a pro-rata basis and the Demat account opening charges are Rs.150.
Commodity Trading Account
A Commodity Trading account is what you open with a Trading Member (Commodity Broker as you call him) of recognized Commodity Exchange (MCX, NCDEX etc. in India). There are no Annual Maintenance charges for your Commodity Account at Upstox and you can trade on MCX. Only futures trade on MCX and hence there is no need of a Demat Account for trading Commodities. At the end of the contract, the Future is cash settled (if you haven't already squared off the position) or you can opt for physical delivery (not allowed at most of the online broking firms, including Upstox).
Opening an Account with Upstox
The account opening process in India still requires offline processes for completion. We still have to sign physical copy of forms and other documents.
Account opening fees are as follows :
- AMC charges of Rs.150 (+GST) are collected at the end of the financial year on a pro-rata basis and the Demat account opening charges are Rs.150 (+GST) for NSE & BSE.
- DP charges are Rs.13+Rs.5.5 = Rs.18.50 (+GST) which is charged only on the sell side of the transaction. The CDSL & NSDL are the depositories that charge the DP charges as a source of their revenue. Depository Participant charge is levied any time you sell shares from your demat account. This is akin to Exchanges like BSE and NSE charging a transaction fee.
The Final Thoughts about Upstox
"Upstox is one among the few stock brokers who provide excellent service with the minimal charges. There services is worth to experience and take of their each and every customers. Upstox provide commendable technical support and provide multiple trading platforms, tools and calculators. They have multiple brokerage plans to caters the needs of the different investors in India as well as outside India. Though that have multiple trading plan, they donot provide monthly plan. And apart from that their future and option charges are on higher side. Now, we have jotted negatives and positive for you and are leaving decision on you".