"Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited are full-service brokers and charges are low compared to other full-service brokers such as ICICIDIRECT, HDFC Securities Etc. They have drawback of not giving 3-in-1 account service, though they support commodity trading."
Why Geojit BNP Paribas?
- Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited has in-depth experience of more than 30 years in the stock market industry.
- They always remain up-to-date when it comes to online trading. They launched trading through Facebook application in 2013.
- They have pioneers - Mr. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Mr. C.J.George, KSIDC (Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation) as their stock holders.
- Facility to place online order post ‐ session close of NSE & BSE.
- There is long list of product and service of Geojit. They provide services of Mutual funds, IPOs, Equity Cash, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, Loan against securities, etc and provide online trading facilities to Indians and NRI to avail benefits out of growthing Indian industries.
- Low brokerage Full-service broker.
- Supported by both NSE and BSE
- Exclusive Branches for woman.
- Multichannel Services – Internet, Mobile Phone, Branch Trading.
- Huge geographical availability in India and Middle East Asia
- Wide network of over 479 offices.
- 24/7 customer services are not provided
- Do-not have 3-in-1 trading account like other full service brokers provide
- They charge Minimum brokerage of Rs. 20 per contract or 1 Paisa per share( Whichever is high). Brokerage charges high compare to other brokers.
- Brokerage calculator is not provide
|Year of Incorporation||1987|
|Active Exchange Memberships||BSE, NSE|
|Total Number of Clients||232,971|
|Total Number of Branches||509|
Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited incorporated in 1987 has experience in the stock market of enormous years. They have some pioneers (Mr. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Mr. C.J.George) of the stock market industry with them which increases the reliability of Geojit as a stockbroker.
Geojit was founded by C J George in 1987 and the major stakeholders of the company include C J George – Managing Director of Geojit, global banking major BNP Paribas, Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation, and Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
The network of Geojit covers more than 300 cities in states in India.
They provide various products & services such as investment banking, institution broking, retail broking, private wealth management, financial product distribution, Equity, Derivatives, Commodities, and Currency Trading. Fixed deposits, loans, tax services, General and Life insurance, and many more.
They are the first ones to launch internet trading in India in the year 2000 and since then have always remained on top in the stockbroker market when it comes to technological advancement.
Geojit helps you to become your own teacher and trust yourself and your advice by providing regular updates on the stock market through constant emails, SMS, and various other online updates. They also give monthly investment magazines to their customers.
Geojit BNP Paribas is one of the oldest stock brokers in India and has experience of more than 30 years in the field. They always innovate themselves and gain first-mover advantage in various fields. They launched first, trading through the Facebook application, the first exclusive branch for women, and many more things. They are registered with NSE and BSE and are DP with CDSL.
Being always technological ahead of others gives them an edge. Indian as well as NRI Investors can invest their money in Mutual funds, IPOs, Derivatives, Equity offerings, and debt offerings. The huge market in India as well as Middle-East Countries.
Geojit has the distinction of being a pioneer in the industry:
- 1st to launch internet trading in the year 2000.
- 1st to launch an integrated internet trading system for cash and derivative segments in 2002.
- 1st Indian stock broking company to commence domestic retail broking operations in any foreign country.
- 1st in the industry to have a global player offering its name thereby creating Geojit.
- 1st to launch exclusive branches for women in 2005.
- 1st to launch trading through mobile phones in 2010.
- 1st to launch trading through Facebook application in 2013.
Geojit Affiliation Details
- CIN: L67120KL1994PLC008403
- DP ID :
- CDSL: IN-DP-CDSL-648-2012
- NSDL: IN-DP-NSDL-24-97
- Research Analyst: INH200000345,
- Portfolio Manager: INP000003203
- GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD BSE Membership ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB 011337236
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF 011337237
- GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD NSE Membership ID:
- Capital Market (CM) - INB 231337230
- Future & Options (F&O) - INF 231337230
- Currency Derivatives (CDS) - INE 231337230
- GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD MCX Membership ID: INB261337233
Customer's Service options offered by Geojit
offers multiple communication channels to its clients for using the customer service:
- Phone Number : Customer Support/ Call & trade : 91-484-2405822/ 1800-425-5501
- Account opening:+91-0484-3911777
- Email Support: [email protected]
- Corporate Office: GEOJIT FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD.
34/659-P, Civil Line Road,
Padivattom, Kochi - 682024
Phone: 484 2901000
Active Client Details Of Geojit
- 173731+ clients.
Geojit Account Opening & AMC Charges 2022
Trading Account / Demat opening is a one-time fee that Geojit BNP Paribas charge while initiating your account opening process. Trading /Demat AMC (Annual maintenance Charges) is an annual fee charged by Geojit BNP Paribas to maintain your account, this is an annual charge and deduct from your account even if you haven't traded for a year.
|Type||Account Opening (One Time)||Annual Maintenance Fees (Yearly)|
|Demat Account||₹100 (For Agreement Stamp Paper)||INR400|
Geojit BNP Paribas also offers FREE TRADING ACCOUNT+ DEMAT ACCOUNT + NIL MAINTENANCE CHARGE* (2018-19) provided the client should deposit an upfront margin cheque of ₹10000 or should transfer ₹10000 worth of holding within 15 days of the account being activated. AMC will not be charged for the financial year 2018-19
How to open an account with Geojit?
Opening a trading account with Geojit is easy. You could use one of the following options to open the account with Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited. There are two ways of opening an account with Geojit.
- Request Call back: You can go to Geojit's website and fill in your contact details and submit it. Geojit representative will you back with a day to guide you to the further process.
- You can visit the website and open your account online: This is the most convenient and recommended way to open an account with Geojit. You have to download the account opening form and fill it completely with all the correct details. Once this formality is done submit
- Visit the nearest Geojit branch.:They will make you fill out a form to gather essential information. After this, they will forward the same to the concerned department and you will be approached within a few days with all the details related to your account.
In all these three ways of opening an account with Geojit following steps are taken:
- The signing of the document in the client registration Kit which includes the KRA-KYC form. (Not to be used if one's KYC is Registered Status in KRA)
- Secondly, you have to draw a cheque of ₹472 [Round off ₹472/-] [Trading ₹250/-+DP Advance AMC 150+18%-GST] In favor of 'Geojit Financial Services Ltd' towards account opening charges.
- Now, after this, they will provide you client kit which will contain a login password, customer care number, and PIN for a call center.
Note: Your account will open only if all documents are submitted and information is correctly given. Geojit sends an email on your registered email ID with a welcome letter, your user ID (trade code), and your Password.
The Final Thoughts about Geojit
BNP Paribas Financials Limited are full-service brokers and charges are low compared to other full-service brokers such as ICICIDIRECT, HDFC Securities Etc. They have drawback of not giving 3-in-1 account service, though they support commodity trading. They are technologically sound and have advantage of being a first mover, always. They are first one to introduce online trading in India in 2000 then in 2002 first one to launch integrated internet trading system for cash and derivative segments, 2010 launched trading through mobile phones and finally they understood the power of social media and launched trading through social media ( facebook ) application in 2013. Geojit BNP has scope of improving in terms of customer satisfaction. However, when see Geojit BNP Paribas Financials Limited as an overall share broker, it is decent company to invest through.
Free Equity Delivery Trading and Mutual Funds
- Brokerage-free Equity Delivery and flat Rs 20 per trade for Intraday & F&O +
- Brokerage-free Direct Mutual Fund investment +
- Trade with the best trading platform in India.
This is a limited-time offer. Open Instant Zerodha Account online and start trading today.