Kotak Securities NRI Trading, NRI Charges, NRI Account Opening & Services Review
Kotak Securities, the popular stock broker is amongst the top five Share Brokers in India having customer base of more than 13 lacs, 1329 branches and sub Brokers in 367 cities and execute over 5lacs trade per day.Kotak Securities offers the most convenient way of handling stock market trading. The Kotak securities 3-in-1 account for NRI, which includes NRI saving Bank Account, NRI Trading Account, and NRI Demat Account, is the key offering for NRIs investors.
Kotak Securities provides simple and efficient way to invest in the stock market and other financial instruments via convenient–interlinked Demat, Savings, and Broking account, here Instead of transferring monies to a broker's pool or towards deposits, you can manage your own demat and bank accounts when you trade through Kotak Securities.
Kotak Securities NRI brokerage charges for Equity delivery trades is 1% of the turnover OR 25 Paise per share, whichever is higher or min Rs. 50 (per executed order), 1% of the turnover OR 25 Paise per share, whichever is higher for Equity Futures trades and for Equity Options trade.
- A Unique 3-in-1 On-line Trading Account, which includes Kotak Mahindra Banks Saving Account, Kotak Securities Trading Account and Kotak Securities Demat Account, is the key offering for retail stock market investors in India.
- Security: Instead of transferring monies to a broker's pool or towards deposits, you can manage your own demat and bank accounts when you trade through Kotak Securities. It provides you the flexibility to pay only when you trade.
- E-Broking House with >13 Lac customers.
- Wide network of 1329 branches and sub Brokers in 367 cities.
- After Market Orders and Portfolio Management Service(PMS) available.
- Facility to trade in Equities, IPO's, Bonds, FD's, ETF's, Mutual Funds, F&O and Currency derivatives etc.
- Add on services like relationship manager, tips & recommendations, technical research, market pointers, periodical research reports, training and education.
Kotak Securities NRI Trading Account Advantage & Disadvantage
- 3-in-1 online trading account..
- Security of your investment & money.
- 24/7 customer service & dedicated relationship manager.
- Dedicated research division publishes regular reports, sector specific research, company studies etc. that will be available for you to make the right investing decisions.
- Derivatives trading,mutual funds, IPOs and on-line life insurance.
- Offers AMO and GTC order facility.
- Very High brokerage..
- Minimum brokerage charges.
Kotak Securities NRI Account Opening
To successfully trade in the stock markets with Kotak Securities, you need a demat and a trading account, You will then have to link your savings bank account with these two accounts to seamlessly transfer funds.
Kotak Securities gives 2 options to set up NRI Trading Account
If you already have savings bank and NRI demat account with another bank: You need to do is create a trading account with Kotak Securities. You will then have to link both your bank and demat accounts with the Kotak Securities trading account. This facility is available only in the offline mode.
You do not have a demat account for NRI You can open a Kotak 3-in-1 Trinity account
Following are the steps to open an Kotak NRI 3-in-1 Trinity Account:
You need below documents to open Kotak 3-in-1 Trinity account. Here's the Kotak NRI Documents list-
- PAN Card
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Valid OCI Card / PIO Card
- Overseas Address Proof
- NRIs can trade in Derivative (Futures & Options) segment through NRO account only.
- You can open both NRE and NRO account with Kotak Mahindra bank. However, you can map only one of the accounts (NRE or NRO) with your Kotak NRI Trading account.
- Mapping your NRE account with Kotak trading account will allow you to trade in the Equity segment whereas, by linking an NRO account, you can trade in both Equity & Derivative segment. You need to open 2 accounts to map both the bank accounts.
- NRIs are allowed to trade only in equity and equity Futures & Options.
- Intraday, currency and commodities trading is not allowed for NRIs.
Kotak Securities NRI Trading Account Charges:
- Kotak NRI Account Opening Charges for Trading Account (One Time): Rs 3,750/-.
- Kotak Annual Maintenance Charges for PIS (Portfolio Investment Scheme) Account: Rs 1,000/-
- Kotak Demat Demat Account Maintenance Charges for NRI Customers :it will be charges as Rs.75/- per Month.
- Average Quarterly Balance requirement for Bank Account :Rs.10000 to be maintained in Savings Account.
Kotak Securities NRI Brokerage Charges
|Equity Delivery||1% of the turnover OR 25 Paise per share, whichever is higher|
|Equity Intraday||Not Allowed|
|Equity Future||1% of the turnover OR 25 Paise per share, whichever is higher|
|Equity Options||1% of the turnover OR 25 Paise per share, whichever is higher|
|Currency Future||Not Allowed|
|Currency Options||Not Allowed|
Kotak Securities Customer Care: Kotak Securities NRI Desk contact number
- Kotak Securities NRI Customer Care Number: +91 022 6689 6000, 022 6652 9191
- Kotak Securities NRI Customer Care Email ID : [email protected]
Final Thought about Kotak Securities NRI Services
Kotak Securities is highly recommended, convenient and popular among the NRI investors who want to invest in the Indian stock market and mutual funds. Kotak Securities provides advanced trading software, Stock research , mutual fund research and dedicated RM assistance.Kotak Security has offices in New York, London, Dubai, Singapore, and Mauritius which makes it easy for NRIs based in these locations to avail services or get grievances redressed locally. The only downside is Kotak Securities does charge higher brokerage for its services vs its peers.